Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wind!!!!!!!!

Today I woke up and had a wonderful breakfast. Erin and I and another person from the hostel decided to try and hike up the Diamond mountain. The weather today has been cold, wet, and windy. The hike was fun and the view was nice but it was awful weather and got worse as we climbed.







YouTube Video

As you can see it was pretty intense. It was an amazing feeling to be up in the mountain and be able to lean into the wind. We decided to stop and turn back because it was starting to get dangerous. The wind was literally pushing us around.

We came back to town and Erin and I got some food to cook at the hostel. Grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches, soup, chocolate and apricot cheese!



We spent the rest of the late afternoon playing cards and dominos. Erin has to catch a bus back to the farm at 6 and I am staying one more night here then off to Galway. Tonight the hotel family is cooking a huge meal for people staying here!!!!!!

Dinner time! It was amazing! About 15 people were eating. Started with a wonderful soup and then had salad, couscous, pasta salad, potato and cheese casserole, and veggie ratatouille! Ended with cake and coffee.



Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Well going to hang out with some people at the hostel then off to bed. Tomorrow headed to Galway. I can't believe my trip is almost over! Two more full days. I am sad to leave but also ready to get back to my family and friends and my dog. See you all soon.

Thanks for reading


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Letterfrack,Ireland

2 comments: